One of the most anticipated events of the World Roller Games 2019, the Marathon, will be held on the final day of the event, Sunday 14 July. The race is part of the World Speed Championships and is set to take place in the heart of Barcelona, so a large crowd of public and fans is expected.
The Marathon will include an open category for the first time, which means that not only professional athletes representing their respective national teams can participate, but also (senior and junior) federated athletes. All of them, however, must register for the event through their country’s roller sports federation.
The World Roller Games Marathon will also have a master category for skaters over 30 years of age. These athletes must register at this website link in order to participate. The registration fee is €55 until 15 June, €60 from 16 to 30 June and €70 from 1 to 7 July.
The (Open & Master) Marathon will kick off at 8am in the women’s category, while the men’s category will start at 10am. The route will consist of five laps of the Passeig de Gràcia/Avinguda Diagonal circuit until completing the regulation 42.195-km length. The route starts and finishes near La Pedrera (at the corner of Passeig de Gràcia and Carrer Provença) and runs along Diagonal until the Faculty of Law of the University of Barcelona (Av. Doctor Marañón).
A total prize kitty of $34,000 will be distributed in prizes: $17,000 for each category (men’s and women’s), with $10,000 for each winner, $5,000 for second place and $2,000 for third place. All the participants in the Marathon, Open and Master –the organisers are expecting some 1,200 skaters–, will be competing for these cash prizes.
How to participate in Masters Marathon World Championship
All Master skaters wishing to participate in the World Roller Games Marathon will have to register directly with the WRG 2019 organization before 7 July through the following website: https://tmtiming.com/inscripcionswrg2019
Participants must have a federation licence from their country.
Likewise, all WRG Barcelona 2019 participants must complete a compulsory anti-doping course. These are the steps to follow:
1. Complete the online course before 1 July on this website: https://www.wada-ama.org/en/resources/education-and-prevention/alpha
2. You will receive a certificate that you must save once the course has been completed.
3. Enter the World Skate platform website: https://platform.worldskate.org/web/
4. Go to the “ANTI-DOPING” section and fill in the form. You have to upload the certificate you obtained in the online course in the section entitled “AD Training Course Certificate”.
5. The ANTI-DOPING AGREEMENT is obtained in the same form at the end of the entire process.
Please write to the following email address for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org